WELCOME WRITERS, ASPIRING WRITERS, LOVERS OF
HOMEOPATHY AND HOMEOPATHS
If you have something to share, we’d love to hear it! We’re all in this big healing soup together – whether you’re a layperson who uses homeopathy at home or a seasoned practitioner. So, if you have a healing ingredient or two to add to the mix – be it a story in written or in video form – do indulge us!
WANT TO WRITE FOR US?
Here’s how in 10 easy steps:
- Write something or film your story
- Find a photo (see specs below)
- Meet our specs & timelines (link this to timeline/calendar chart & specs chart)
- Send your writing or video to us along with the photo
- Tell us how we can reach you
- Answer these questions
- Send us a link to the ABOUT page of your website (we’ll write a nifty bio for you!)
- If you don’t have an ABOUT page, send us a bio of 100 words max.
- Wait for us to accept or pass & tell you why
- Read your article or watch your video in an upcoming issue & share with all your peeps!
A note to homeopaths that have never written an article (or
don’t like to write):
We are so glad you’re here. We know you have a voice and an opinion about what you read here, what you see in your practice and what you’d like to see in the world of healing.
So, please, take a leap of faith. Listen to that inner voice that is prompting you to put yourself ‘out there’. Write out those opinions, experiences and suggestions. And, if you really don’t want to write, just film your story and share it as a video. We are interactive, after all!
Our community is here to support you and create more business for you too. Your article will reach thousands of homes. And, wherever you may be, the world is widening your practice with online consultations. We think that’s pretty cool.
We help you grow your business and people find healing. Help us help you: send in your submissions!
If you are a Home Prescriber for acute family health issues:
We want to hear your stories. We want to hear your successes – how has homeopathy helped your family? When you have a success with homeopathy, your story deserves to have an audience! Plus, your story could be helpful to other readers who are just learning how to use homeopathy at home.
Everyone gets healthier and homeopathy becomes the ‘at-home go-to healing support’…the medicine everyone thinks of FIRST!
If you are a Professional Healer or Practitioner who uses
We at Homeopathy First are here to help support and grow your practice by publishing your work/research. We want readers to find you and work with you! You have so many folks you have helped heal with homeopathy and we want our readers to know about your successes. Connection and healing: that’s what Homeopathy First is all about. Sharing, caring and healing through stories about homeopathy.
With your successful cases, be sure to write about the homeopathic remedy you used. Remedies have stories too!
We’d jump at the chance to see your piece:
- Encourage the use of homeopathic remedies at home .
- Highlight how homeopathy has helped in a more chronic situation with a professional case study.
- Say how you can “help” rather than “cure” or “diagnose” – we need you to be very careful about using medical terminology and avoid those last couple words.
- Contain original content that you have written yourself, haven’t seen here before and that has not been published elsewhere.
- Detail your personal experience with homeopathy and how it helped you or your family.
- Tell a story that we can’t wait to read with a beginning, middle and end.
- Highlight stories of autism or living vaccine free and how homeopathy has helped on that journey.
- Relay accounts of your children and homeopathy’s role in their healing.
- Capture your child’s view on using homeopathy to heal.
- Offer a perspective unique to the next issue’s theme.
We’d just as soon pass on:
- Articles or videos that are SEO driven, full of link bait & laced with self-promotion.
- Information that is clearly outside of helping people through the power of homeopathy or healing.
- Repurposing or plagiarizing material that isn’t yours.
- Marketing bent material that strays from the pure intention of sharing experience, ideas and hope.
- Lists of advice without any explanation or context.
- Help spread the word of Homeopathy: Two main reasons Homeopathy First exists are to promote at-home use of homeopathy AND to promote homeopaths in their work. That way, more folks get well and homeopaths grow their practice – that’s a win/win in our book!
- Be on the cutting edge: This magazine will not only help get the word out about self-healing but also offers a new mobile multi-media platform for homeopaths and writers to step into. Our magazine is UNIQUE and interactive. Video and audio – fire up your creative right brain and leap into the 21st century of technology at its best.
- Make a difference in the world: you’ll reach thousands of readers that care about what you have to say.
- See your name in print: You can check that one off your goal list! Writers need to write AND have a community to share that writing – you have come to the perfect place.
- Have some pro tools made for you: Our professional
copywriter will write a gleaming by-line and bio for you. You can use your bio for future articles! (Katie of http://plumecopy.com is a star!)
- Be part of a growing community: The world may be vast and full of distractions but this specialized use of technology is a way to bring us all closer together.
Give me the specs:
- Please keep your personal story piece at a minimum of 500 words and maximum 1200
- Please keep your case study piece between 2000 – 6000 words
- Please refrain from hyperlinking
Publishing Dates and Submission Deadlines:
June – Holiday and Vacation Travel:
Give us your best stories of how homeopathy helped when you were away from home. Maybe it’s what you always bring with you or how you helped out in an emergency out and about. We know you have some juicy stories. Your turn!
September – Back to School:
This could be about your children of school age, college age or even you. How do you best prepare for the switch from the slow pace of summer to the busy school bustle and being more exposed to others’ illnesses?
December – Spring, Rebirth, Honoring Death & the Winter Solstice:
Just as we began 2015 (and the inaugural issue of Homeopathy First) with the theme of Birth, we’d like to honor the natural cycle of all things. How do you deal with a passing? Be it of a life, an idea, or a time in your life. We welcome your perspective on the change of seasons here.
5 Questions for Our Writers:
- What do you do in life/for a living?
- Where are you from? What’s your favorite place on earth?
- How did you find homeopathy?
- What do you do in your free time?
- What’s your favorite story to tell about yourself?
6 tips to rock your writing:
- Be personal – We will connect most easily with your story: why you made the choices you made, what you felt and thought, what inspired you
- Be specific – Give us all the juicy details, paint the picture with your words, give us a peek into your world and how this experience changed you
- Be you – Write the way you speak, read it out loud to make sure it sounds like you, don’t use big words in your writing if you don’t use them when you talk
- Be helpful – Is this relevant to today’s world? Is there some advice others can follow? Is it a story others can identify with and see themselves in?
- Be clear & concise – Use as few words as possible to get your point across but don’t stifle yourself, stick to the topic at hand, lay the story out in an easy to follow format (think beginning, middle, end)
Be engaging – Does your title capture the essence of your piece? Does it intrigue the reader to keep reading? Do you have a call to action for our readers?
- Personal Story
- Professional Case Study
- Historical Perspective
- Professional Experience
- Helpful Tips
Homeopathy First offers information for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace or serve as medical care or advice. Any ideas mentioned here should not be interpreted to be neither medical diagnoses nor treatment or cure of any disease or injury.
If you have a health issue of any sort, it’s critical you find and work with a professional practitioner, doctor or physician of your choice. Claims of having experienced success or any other result treating acute issues with homeopathic self-care are solely the opinions held by those sharing that information. Chronic illnesses or any other health issue needs the care of a qualified healthcare professional. Pregnant women should not attempt any self-care without the approval of their physician.
The authors and publisher disclaim any liability arising directly or indirectly from the use of the techniques in this magazine. Homeopathy First does not accept responsibility for your use of information presented here or any damage or harm caused by treatments its readers choose to undertake. We strongly suggest you seek medical supervision before using any options or experiences presented here.
All writings appearing in Homeopathy First do not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of its publishers. Inclusion of an advertisement does not constitute an endorsement of the advertiser, product, or service.